David is a member of the Finance & Resources committee. He is also a senior partner at Ridge and Partners LLP, a position he has held for over 25 years undertaking an executive board function for the partnership.
- Key roles have been implementation of a growth and diversification strategy, taking the business from 80 staff to over 600, with a turnover in excess of £60m.
- Instrumental in the acquisition and integration of 7 consultancies of varied sizes into the business.
- Driving change in struggling areas of the business by introducing new services, changing working practices and in some instances changing personnel.
- Control of Ridge’s property portfolio acquisition, disposal of property and leasehold offices.
- Management of individual offices in Oxford, Birmingham and currently Bristol.
- Leading Building Surveying, Civil & Structural Engineering and Health and Safety disciplines across the business.
- Setting up and managing Health and Safety compliance throughout the business.
David has over 34 years’ experience as a Building Surveyor and during this time has undertaken the role of Expert Witness on numerous cases.
Prior to joining Ridge, David was employed by Chesterton International Plc as a graduate, ultimately achieving the position of Director and managing a large team of building surveyors undertaking broad spectrum work on commercial property.