About the Role
The Robert Fitzroy Academy is a three-form entry primary school in Croydon situated in the heart of the local community. We are an Ofsted rated ‘Good School’ with two previous ‘Good’ inspections since our opening in 2012. Our fundamental belief is they the whole child is the whole point.
It is our goal to create a school where children can achieve academically but also flourish as citizens of the world.
Our Wrap Around Care Provision
Our wrap around care provision is extremely popular with approximately 120 children accessing the provision on a daily basis. We provide an active, healthy and fun start and finish to the school day for our young people whilst helping them develop friendships, confidence and social skills.
We are committed to outstanding quality. If you have the passion, commitment, energy and motivation to make a difference to our young people we would like to hear from you.
What we are looking for?
We are seeking to appoint confident and creative individuals.
Under the guidance of the Wrap Around Care Manager you will be working closely with the children, ensuring their safety at all times, engaging with them in aspects of play and conversation, setting up activities for children to take part in, meet and greet parents and provide them with feedback on their child’s time at the club.
We are looking for individuals who can enhance our provision and who are committed to making the school experience engaging, enjoyable and meaningful for primary age children.
Successful applicants should have:
• Experience of working in a similar role with primary school age children
• Basic understanding of child development and learning
• NVQ Level 2 in play work/childcare or equivalent qualification or experience
• A current food hygiene certificate or willingness to undertake the relevant training
• Paediatric first aid qualification or willingness to undertake the relevant training.
• Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
• An understanding of children with health care needs
• Knowledge of child safeguarding procedures
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have the ability to build effective relationships with students, parents and other staff
• The ability to relate in a firm and friendly way with a wide range of personalities
• The ability to use initiative
• Be willing to undertake direction and guidance
• Have a good understanding of behaviour management strategies
• Be able to work as part of a team
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to Mrs D Tapson HR and Office Manager
The Robert Fitzroy Academy
80 Brampton Road
Or email [email protected].
A signed hard copy of your application will be required prior to interview.
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country,
• A competitive salary,
• Membership of the generous Local Government Pension Scheme LGPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership to ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.