About the Role
Do you wish to work at an Outstanding school which supports teachers work/life balance?
Woodside Primary Academy is a school with a history of providing extensive support to teachers and a commitment to creating a balance between school, personal and family life.
We are currently seeking applications for the post of Class Teacher to start in September 2022.
At Woodside we offer the following:
• Weekly PPA (Non-contact time) with your year group.
• Inner London weighting for all Main Pay Scale Teachers.
• Collaborative teaching initiative whereby teachers of all levels of experience
• work alongside each other to develop their own personal CPD and teaching
• Free before and after school child care for teachers; in addition we will collect
• your child/children from neighbouring schools.
• Free childcare during INSET days.
• “Perks for Work” Scheme
• EAP – Employee Assistance Program
• Shiny Minds.
We would like to hear from you if you:
• Thrive on challenge and have high aspirations for all pupils.
• Are energised by opportunities to develop and share your practice.
What Ofsted said:
• Over time, the quality of teaching is outstanding. Teachers challenge pupils to apply their skills accurately. They use a rich range of resources to develop pupils’ learning and interests.
• Personal development, behaviour and pupils’ welfare is outstanding.
• The curriculum is used to transform the lives of pupils, and further work is planned to make the school a community hub that raises aspirations.
Continuing Excellence-Awards and Recognition at Woodside:
• Winners of the Outstanding Progress category at the Education Business Awards
• Certificate of recognition from the Mayor of London (Sadiq Khan) as a School for Success
• which recognises exceptional work in sharing good practice and helping to boost education
• for all Londoners
• Recognition by the Department for Education (DFE) as a school that provides outstanding
• outcomes for our disadvantaged pupils
• Are you driven, inspirational, influential and an exceptional teacher looking for that
• next step in your career?
‘The headteacher spots and nurtures talents, enabling future leaders to develop their skills for
the wider benefit of the school.’ Ofsted
Should you wish to contact the recruitment team, have any questions or wish to submit an application form please email [email protected]
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to the recruitment team using [email protected]
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country,
• Membership of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme TPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership to ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.