About the Role
Are you looking for a position that can offer you:
• a Leadership Team dedicated to helping you develop an outstanding career and balanced life.
• excellent induction and guidance through your ECT years.
• exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates across the Trust.
• the chance to work with a fantastic team, with the best possible opportunities to share ideas.
• the chance to use / develop personal curriculum strengths.
• an excellent CPD training programme.
• a dynamic, creative staff, dedicated to achieving whole-school improvement and building lifelong friendships.
• kind, curious and enthusiastic pupils.
• enthusiastic and proactive parents.
• the chance to bring your own strengths to the school and make a difference.
If any of the above sounded attractive then teaching at Civitas Primary Academy may be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Class Teacher with high expectations of all pupils, who can engage and inspire the learning behaviours that will support all in achieving their best.
The role of Class Teacher is pivotal to the success of Civitas and all its pupils.
This post is class based, with time out of class for PPA. The post holder is expected to offer quality teaching and ensure quality first teaching is available for each child, no matter what.
At Civitas, we rightly pride ourselves on the high expectations we place on the academic achievements and behaviour of all children, whatever their need, as well as a broad, diverse and engaging curriculum underpinned by global citizenship. Civitas Academy is a highly inclusive setting, valuing all children’s achievements and cultural differences, ensuring that each child is given every opportunity to meet their full potential and shine in whatever they would like to do.
At Civitas Academy we want to provide opportunities for all children to be their ‘best version of a Civitas Child; we want our children to grow up knowing who they are, how they fit into the world and how they contribute back.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone with a passion for teaching. We want someone who can live and breathe inclusion and diversity, celebrate the range of children we have at Civitas, and champion their needs to ensure that all children have every opportunity to succeed. This starts with a candidate who is a skilled practitioner who can model excellent, inclusive practice to others. We’re looking for someone who is a team player, who can work alongside the energetic and skilled senior leadership team and be both strategic and operational when required.
The post is open to ECTs to apply as well as experienced staff.
We want someone who has:
– The motivation to achieve the very best for the children in our care and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence
– Excellent inter-personal skills
– Experience as an effective good and outstanding classroom teacher
– Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
– Good organisational skills
– Creativity which drives all aspects of teaching and learning.
Visits to our school are warmly encouraged and can be arranged at your convenience – you need to meet our brilliant children! If you wish to discuss the roles further, then please contact the Executive Headteacher, Salima Ducker, on 0118 467 6720. For application forms, please email [email protected]
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to Emma Lelliott, School Business Manager using [email protected]
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country,
• Membership of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme TPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership to ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.