About the Role
We are looking to appoint an inspirational, ambitious and talented ECT to join our dedicated and enthusiastic team on fixed term contract from January 2024 to July 2024.
At Manor Park Primary Academy we strive to ensure that all our children are happy, confident, ambitious individuals with a passion for learning; who possess the skills, knowledge, learning attitudes and behaviours to enable them to be successful in the world today, and in the future.
We achieve this through creating a strong sense of community and by providing high quality teaching and learning opportunities through an inspiring curriculum.
We provide all staff with excellent CPD, a supportive working environment and the opportunity to contribute towards projects, initiatives and experiences that make a real impact.
We are looking for a candidate who is:
- An ECT with high expectations of all pupils, who can engage and inspire the learning behaviours that will support all in achieving their best.
- An excellent practitioner, keen to work in a supportive and principle-based school.
- Driven by a strong moral purpose to enable all children to achieve and have integrity.
- Passionate about creativity and have a sense of humour.
- Warm in character, easy to work with and committed to teamwork, recognising that more can be achieved together than is possible as individuals.
- Keen to be challenged to become the best you can be.
- Determined to succeed with a positive attitude.
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We can offer you:
- Enthusiastic and well-behaved pupils.
- A Leadership Team dedicated to helping you develop an outstanding career and balanced life.
- Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates across the Trust.
- The chance to work with a fantastic team, with the best possible opportunities to share ideas, planning, assessment etc.
- The opportunity to work alongside excellent teachers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis.
- The chance to develop personal curriculum strengths.
- An excellent CPD training programme
- A dynamic, creative staff, dedicated to achieving whole-school improvement and building lifelong friendships.
- Enthusiastic and proactive parents.
Background Information about the School
We are a two-form entry primary school and nursery situated in the heart of Aston; a stone’s throw away from Birmingham City Centre. We welcome pupils aged 3 – 11 years old and we are a non-denominational school welcoming pupils from multiple faiths and backgrounds in a vibrant and multicultural community.
We are proud to serve over 30 different ethnic groups that represent our school community. Most of our pupils have English as an Additional Language and this enhances the rich, diverse ethos of our school.
Our whole building has recently been refurbished with new windows and central heating throughout. We have invested heavily in new carpets, sink areas and freshly painted walls in every classroom to ensure a comfortable and purposeful environment for our children and visitors. We have also recently installed a state-of-the-art food technology facility.
Though our school lies in an inner-city area, we are privileged with extensive outdoor spaces. There are 2 playgrounds, a field, a woodland area and further green spaces for gardening, growing food, and sensory and wellbeing fulfillment.
We are a caring employer who invests in the future of our employees, as only through their excellence can we deliver excellence for the children and families whom we serve. To see more information about the school, please visit our website Manor Park Primary Academy
As a member of the REAch2 Trust, a national family of primary academies, Manor Park Primary Academy is committed to raising standards and achieving excellent for all pupils whatever their background or circumstance. The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration and support, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike. Manor Park Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people / vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory written references.
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to Christine Chapman, Headteacher by email [email protected]
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities,
• A competitive salary,
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme LGPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership of ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.