About the Role
- An excellent classroom practitioner excited to work in a brand new, state of the art school?
- Passionate about creativity, fun and learning through play?
- Warm in character and fully committed to team work, recognising that more can be achieved together than is possible an individuals?
- Determined to succeed and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence for our children?
- Willing to hold a flexible role at class, group and individual level, supporting the personalisation of learning for all children?
If so, you’ll love to be part of our team developing Green Park Village Primary Academy to be a school which families and professionals aspire to part of.
At Green Park Village Primary Academy we are looking for an excellent practitioner to join our learning and teaching team.
We seek team members who are genuinely up for a challenge and who want to get involved with all aspects of our academy life. This is the chance to be part of something exciting and fulfilling and we recruit team members who share the dream and pro-actively demonstrate the values and attitudes to make Green Park Village Primary Academy a truly special experience for our children and families.
We can offer you:
- A firm commitment to you and your professional development;
- Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and governors;
- A growing learning community;
- Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference;
- Coaching and mentoring from experienced leaders;
- Fantastic trust-wide CPD opportunities;
- Opportunities to further develop your career within our Multi Academy Trust, REAch2, the largest primary-only academy trust in the country;
- The unique opportunity to help develop and shape a brand-new school, including an innovative approach to curriculum provision;
- A stunning school environment, with state-of-the-art facilities.
There is no doubt about it, setting up the academy from new takes vision, dedication and hard work. Being part of that exciting and rare journey will be very rewarding in seeing the academy take shape over the next few years and being part of that vision and growth from the earlier years.
Background Information about the School
Green Park Village Primary Academy is a new primary school built in a new housing development in Reading, Green Park Village, which opened in September 2020 in its permanent school building. Our academy currently has Reception to Year Three cohorts. The school will grow to be full two-form primary, with space to open a Nursery provision for pre-school children. The school serves a diverse community of families both local and from across Reading.
There is no doubt about it, continuing Green Park Village Primary Academy on its next phase will take vision, dedication and hard work, but being part of that exciting and rare journey will be very rewarding to see the academy continue to take shape over the next few years.
If this unique opportunity to be part of something special in a brand new and well resourced school appeals to you, you are welcome to contact me to find our more information about our children, curriculum, school and team.
We are a caring employer who invests in the future of our employees, as only through their excellence can we deliver excellence for the children and families whom we serve. To see more information about the school, please visit our website Green Park Village Primary Academy
As a member of the REAch2 Trust, a national family of primary academies, Green Park Village Primary Academy is committed to raising standards and achieving excellent for all pupils whatever their background or circumstance. The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration and support, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike. Green Park Village Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people / vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory written references.
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to Gemma Jackson, Headteacher via [email protected]
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country,
• A great ECT experience,
• Membership of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme TPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership of ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.