About the Role
We are looking for an aspiring Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our team as soon as possible. Ranikhet Academy, part of Reach2 offers a supportive environment and your career development will be encouraged.
If you can answer yes to these questions then we think you should read on!
- Do your values align with ours, ‘Equality, Respect, Kindness, Responsibility and Honesty’ as well as our mission statement, ‘Nurturing Potential, Inspiring a Generation and Excellence for All’?
- Do you hold the necessary HLTA certified qualification?
- Do you firmly believe that all children should be nurtured, happy, cared for and know that you are fighting for them?
- Do you want to work in a school where you can make a difference?
We are an Ofsted rated ‘good’ school as reported in May 2021, please do view our report.
We have a great team with effective systems in place.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have high expectations and believe every child can achieve
- Make learning irresistible, effective and inclusive
- Be excited about ongoing professional development, being a lifelong learner
- Actively contribute to the wider life of the school
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work well as part of a team
For successful candidates we can offer:
- Amazing children who want to be the best versions of themselves
- A dedicated, motivated staff
- A leadership team who works with the staff and listens to feedback
- An active school community with supportive families
- A commitment to bespoke professional development based on EEF research
- Feedback to ensure growth
- A vibrant and welcoming learning environment
- Excellent training at all levels through the school and REAch2 Academy Trust
- A recently judged ‘good’ rated ofsted school
If you believe that you have the attributes necessary to help establish and shape our school please contact the Head Teacher, Miss Louisa Sanghera, (via the main office on 0118 9375520), for an informal visit where a warm welcome awaits you. Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Background Information about the School
At Ranikhet Academy we are committed to bringing out the best version of everyone. We will nurture and support children and equip them with the skills, knowledge and attitudes they need to become, confident, determined and respectful young adults who have exciting and ambitious aspirations for their futures.
Our children will achieve academic excellence through a curriculum which teaches them essential skills for life, respect for themselves and others and their environment. We will provide a range of opportunities to move learning from the short term to the long term memory, resulting in mastery of the subjects taught. Our curriculum is tailored to meet the needs of all children in order to prepare them fully for the future lives they are going to lead.
We are a caring employer who invests in the future of our employees, as only through their excellence can we deliver excellence for the children and families whom we serve. To see more information about the school, please visit our website Ranikhet Academy
As a member of the REAch2 Trust, a national family of primary academies, Ranikhet Primary Academy is committed to raising standards and achieving excellent for all pupils whatever their background or circumstance. The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration and support, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike. Ranikhet Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people / vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory written references.
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed application forms should be sent to Louisa Sanghera, Head Teacher, via [email protected]
The supporting statement should clearly refer to the job description and person specification and detail how your experience and skills are suitable for our school. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
- A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country,
- A great ECT experience,
- Membership of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme TPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership of ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.