About the Role
We are seeking to recruit a professional, personable, and conscientious HR Advisor to join our Shared Services team. This is a unique opportunity to become part of a hard-working, diligent, and fast-paced team who strive for the best and enjoy working together!
Working remotely, you’ll be one of a team of HR professionals providing information and advice on employee relations, policies, recruitment, contracts, and payroll in relation to teaching and support staff to sixty schools.
You’ll be the first port of call for Headteachers and School Business Managers across REAch2 schools and you will provide guidance by email, Microsoft Teams, Zoom and over the telephone on HR policies and procedures; draft contracts and letters; advise on disciplinaries, grievances, absence and support recruitment activity.
REAch2 is a national family of primary academies, unswerving in our ambition to raise attainment and achieve excellence for all pupils. We are committed to enabling individual schools to flourish with a high degree of autonomy whilst benefiting from a strong culture of support and collaboration. It’s a real team effort which calls for the best of HR professionals and there’s lots of scope to get involved in team projects and for personal and career development.
Experience of supporting managers is key. Travel may be required to school sites occasionally.
This is an opportunity to:
• Be part of a supportive school-focussed HR team
• Develop your HR career in a progressive Multi-Academy Trust
• Work alongside talented Headteachers and School Business Managers
• CIPD Qualified Level 5 or equivalent
• Knowledgeable about Burgundy and Green Book terms and conditions
• Informed on teaching and support staff payscales / pay calculations
• Able to evidence a proven track record in a previous employee relations role
• An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
• Able to show initiative and a willingness to learn
• Hard working and with a great sense of humour!
To arrange an informal discussion please contact Rowan Parry, Senior HR Business Partner at [email protected] or Gareth Brisbin, Recruitment Manager at [email protected]
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to [email protected]
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
• A flexible work location for this role
• A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country,
• A competitive salary,
• 28 days’ paid holiday (rising to 31 days after 5 years’ service) (pro rata for part-time or term-time only)
• Reimbursed travel expenses
• Membership of the generous Local Government Pension Scheme LGPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership to ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.