About the Role
Sir Martin Frobisher Academy is a one form entry school that welcomes children from Reception right through to Year 6 and we are currently looking to appoint an inspirational, ambitious and talented KS1 Class Teacher to join our dedicated and enthusiastic team.
At Sir Martin Frobisher Academy we strive to ensure that all our pupils are happy, confident, ambitious individuals with a passion for learning; who possess the skills, knowledge, learning attitudes and behaviours to enable them to be successful in the world today, and in the future. We achieve this through creating a strong sense of community and by providing high quality teaching and learning opportunities through an inspiring curriculum. We provide all staff with excellent CPD, a supportive working environment and the opportunity to contribute towards projects, initiatives and experiences that make a real impact.
We would love to hear from you if you are:
- Passionate about enabling all children to achieve excellence
- Highly dedicated to providing the highest standards of teaching for all children
- Committed to achieving high standards of learning and behaviour for all
- Enthusiastic, determined, dedicated and inspirational
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to build effective relationships with students, parents and other staff
- The ability to relate in a firm and friendly way with a wide range of personalities
- The ability to use initiative
- Be willing to undertake direction and guidance
- Have a good understanding of behaviour management strategies
- Be able to work as part of a team
In return we can offer you:
- The chance to be part of a Multi-Academy Trust that genuinely cares about YOU
- The chance to work with a supportive team.
- An excellent CPD training programme with REAch2 and beyond.
- A tenacious and courageous senior leadership team who care fervently about inclusion and promote creativity and thinking outside of the box
- Fun-loving, energetic and enthusiastic pupils (and staff).
- Proactive parents waiting to join us on our journey to excellence
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme LGPS,
- As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership of ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.
Background Information about the School
We like to think of Sir Martin Frobisher as a family that embraces everyone in its community, from pupils and staff to governors, parents and carers. As a school, we live and breathe our school motto: Successful, Meaningful Futures for All. This message underpins everything that we do, be that in the classroom, on the sports field or in the wider school community.
An exciting and innovative curriculum is made special by a wide range of unique learning experiences. A talented and well qualified workforce engages all learners in reaching the highest standards. High aspirations and expectations encompasses the life of the school and supports the development of children with high self-esteem, self-discipline and strong community spirit.
Every member of the Sir Martin Frobisher Academy team believes passionately in the importance of learning in a caring and nurturing environment so that all children develop and achieve their best as valued members of the Sir Martin Frobisher Academy family. We strive to ensure that every child fulfils their potential in all areas of school life and look forward to welcoming you into our happy school.
We are a caring employer who invests in the future of our employees, as only through their excellence can we deliver excellence for the children and families whom we serve. To see more information about the school, please visit our website Sir Martin Frobisher Academy
As a member of the REAch2 Trust, a national family of primary academies, Sir Martin Frobisher Academy is committed to raising standards and achieving excellent for all pupils whatever their background or circumstance. The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration and support, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike. Sir Martin Frobisher Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people / vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory written references.
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to to Mr Simon Wood, Executive Headteacher by email [email protected]
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
- A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country,
- Membership of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme TPS,
- A great ECT experience,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership of ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.