About the Role
This isn’t just any job. This is the opportunity to be part of something amazing and to improve the life chances of children.
Civitas Primary Academy opened in 2015 and is part of the REAch2 Academy Trust and together with our other schools in the area we are looking to change the face of education.
Civitas Primary Academy caters for children from the ages of 4 to 11, and is an inclusive school, open and accessible, working in partnership with parents and carers and our community to ensure that all of our pupils are able to achieve their best. We value the roles of each individual within our school community – staff, pupils, parents, carers, governors and visitors – in achieving the best for all of our children.
We continue our journey of transformation in developing a learning community where pupils are engaged in developing the knowledge and skills needed for life in the 21st Century.
We can offer:
• The opportunity to make a difference to children’s lives
• The opportunity to work as part of a collaborative, experienced, supportive team.
• The chance for your skills to flourish and develop with practical support and encouragement.
• High quality training and development through one of the country’s leading Multi-Academy Trusts.
• Enthusiastic, responsive children who are ready to learn.
• A caring, hard-working and committed staff team.
• The opportunity to work with children from diverse ethnicities and cultures.
• An inclusive ethos where every child is valued and supported to achieve their potential.
• The opportunity to develop an outstanding career and balanced life
We are looking for a passionate and energetic team member who will:
• inspire our children as a pro-active Learning Support Assistant
• Have a “can do” attitude and go that extra mile
• Engage with team members and the children
For an informal discussion, please contact Celia Frain – Assistant Headteacher on 0118 467 6720
Come Visit Us
If you are an innovative, outstanding primary education practitioner, looking for your next move, then look no further, REAch2 has some exciting career opportunities in Reading. Whether you are an early year’s practitioner, primary teacher, support staff or school leadership, we have an opportunity that could be just right for you.
We will be hosting a series of recruitment events where our leaders and members of the HR team will be on hand if you wish to discuss the vacancies and to find out what it’s like to work for REAch2 Academy Trust.
Location: The Palmer Academy, 70 Northumberland Avenue, Reading, RG2 7PP
– Monday 27th June 2022 – 3:30pm – 5:00pm
To register for the events, please email [email protected]
We would like to invite anyone with the drive and passion for school improvement to come and meet us for themselves, to find out more about REAch2 Academy Trust and what we have to offer.
These are exciting opportunities to help shape children’s minds and to assist REAch2 Academy Trust in providing Exceptional Opportunities For Learning.
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to Emma Lelliott, School Business Manager using [email protected]
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country,
• A competitive salary,
• Membership of the generous Local Government Pension Scheme LGPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership to ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.