About the Role
Tidemill Academy is an outstanding two-form entry primary school with a reputation for being creative, innovative and at the leading edge of educational reform. The lead school for Initial Teacher Training within REAch2, we are situated next to the busy and diverse Deptford High Street, only 6 minutes from London Bridge by train, 11 minutes from Cannon Street and accessible by DLR. Our school has excellent facilities and resources and is co-located with the golden Deptford Lounge building.
Tidemill is a haven where children from all backgrounds flourish. Our children not only achieve excellent results – they exhibit in art galleries, surf in Devon, compete at the London Youth Games, are djembe drummers, make their own branded chocolate, set up blogs and perform Shakespeare at the theatre!
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Office Manager to join Tidemill. This role would be suited to someone who is proactive and an excellent team player. Experience in an academy is an advantage but not essential.
You will need to be an experienced Office Manager who:
• has a professional demeanour and highly developed interpersonal skills
• keeps pupils’ well-being and achievement and as their core priority
• has a positive outlook and solution-based thinking
• has high levels of motivation, commitment and energy
• Is committed, astute and flexible
• Inspirational, talented, committed staff, including a strong administration and premises team
• An award-winning building with great facilities including sports facilities, professional stage lighting and state of the art technology, classrooms & learning environments
• A vibrant, richly diverse school community
• The chance to work with a supportive family of schools, including a business manager network and professional development opportunities
Do you think you have the talent and dedication to make the difference?
If you would like to visit the school, please email [email protected]
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to Applications should be returned to: Marion Drake, Headteacher, Tidemill Academy, 11 Giffin Street, London, SE8 4RJ
Or by email applications to [email protected]
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country,
• A competitive salary,
• Membership of the generous Local Government Pension Scheme LGPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership to ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.