About the Role
Are YOU the Great Primary PE Teacher WE need?
We need YOU, to make the difference!
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our new school.
We have amazing facilities, a great team ethos,
and all within a 5-minute walk from the centre of Reading.
Civitas Academy is part of the REAch2 family of Schools in Reading. We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate primary PE teacher to join our collaborative Academy team.
• A teacher with high expectations of ALL pupils, who can engage and inspire the learning behaviours that will support all in achieving their best.
• A teacher who values the importance of physical education and teaching our children about healthy lifestyles.
We can offer you:
• A Leadership Team dedicated to helping you develop an outstanding career and balanced life.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates across the Trust.
• The chance to work with a fantastic team, with the best possible opportunities to share ideas.
• The chance to use / develop personal curriculum strengths.
• An excellent CPD training programme.
• A dynamic, creative staff, dedicated to achieving whole-school improvement and building lifelong friendships.
• Kind, curious and enthusiastic pupils.
• Enthusiastic and proactive parents.
• The chance to bring your own strengths to the school and make a difference.
We want to hear from great teachers with a genuine commitment to improving the life chances of the children they teach. Give us a call if you’re interested, come in and visit the school.
Visits to our school are warmly encouraged and can be arranged at your convenience – you need to meet our brilliant children! If you wish to discuss the roles further, then please contact the Executive Headteacher, Salima Ducker, on 0118 467 6720. For application forms, please email [email protected].
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to Emma Lelliott, School Business Manager using [email protected]
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country,
• Membership of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme TPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership to ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.