About the Role
• A motivated individual excited to work in and maintain exemplary standards in a brand new, state of the art school?
• Multi-skilled and adaptable, passionate about and competent in all areas linked to ensuring site security, site safety, site maintenance and site housekeeping?
• Warm and reliable in character and fully committed to teamwork, getting the/any job done and being flexible to school need?
If so, you’ll love to be part of our team developing Green Park Village Primary Academy to be a school at the heart of its community.
At Green Park Village Primary Academy we are looking for a talented individual to join our operations team.
We are seeking a professional individual who holds:
• Good working knowledge of facility management;
• Experience of managing and motivating a team and on-site contractors;
• Excellent working knowledge of Health and Safety Law and Fire Safety Law;
• The ability to maintain accurate maintenance records and site risk assessments;
• Good communication and organisation skills;
• DIY and handy person skills e.g. basic decorating skills like painting, basic carpentry skills like hanging doors or fitting a door lock, basic plumbing skills like replacing tap washers etc.
• Good computer skills e.g. excel, word, outlook and diary entries of daily, monthly and annual schedules or the willingness to learn to use our online asset and building management system;
• A flexible ‘solution focused’ approach and attitude to work;
• The ability to lead teams and is approachable and a good team player;
We are looking for a team member who holds high standards and is dedicated to commit to care for our easy to maintain and beautiful building, being flexible to the full requirements of the role and how this will develop as the school grows in size and within the community. We seek team members who share the dream and pro-actively demonstrate the values and attitudes to make Green Park Village Primary Academy a truly special experience for our children and families.
We can offer you:
• A firm commitment to you and your professional development;
• Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and governors;
• A growing learning community;
• Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference;
• Fantastic trust-wide CPD opportunities;
• Opportunities to further develop your career within our Multi Academy Trust, REAch2, the largest primary-only academy trust in the country;
• The unique opportunity to help develop and shape a brand-new school, including an innovative approach to curriculum provision;
• A stunning school environment, with state-of-the-art facilities.
There is no doubt about it, setting up the academy from new takes vision, dedication and hard work. Being part of that exciting and rare journey will be very rewarding in seeing the academy take shape over the next few years and being part of that vision and growth from the start.
An informal discussion with the Head Teacher, Gemma Jackson, is essential. This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about Green Park Village Primary Academy’s vision, values and intended provision for our children and community.
Contact details are:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0118 467 6222
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to Claire Jones, School Business Manager using [email protected]
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities,
• A competitive salary,
• Membership of the generous Local Government Pension Scheme LGPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership to ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.