About the Role
• A motivated individual excited to work in and maintain exemplary standards in a brand new, state of the art school?
• Multi-skilled and adaptable, passionate about and competent in all areas linked to ensuring site security, site safety, site maintenance and site housekeeping?
• Warm and reliable in character and fully committed to teamwork, getting the/any job done and being flexible to school need?
If so, you’ll love to be part of our team at Civitas Academy as we have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the school and REAch2 Academy Trust as an Site Manager.
We are seeking a professional individual who holds:
• Good working knowledge of facility management;
• Experience of managing and motivating a team and on-site contractors;
• Excellent working knowledge of Health and Safety Law and Fire Safety Law;
• The ability to maintain accurate maintenance records and site risk assessments;
• Good communication and organisation skills;
• DIY and handy person skills e.g. basic decorating skills like painting, basic carpentry skills like hanging doors or fitting a door lock, basic plumbing skills like replacing tap washers etc.
• Good computer skills e.g. excel, word, outlook and diary entries of daily, monthly and annual schedules or the willingness to learn to use our online asset and building management system;
• A flexible ‘solution focused’ approach and attitude to work;
• The ability to lead teams and is approachable and a good team player
Background Information about the School
Civitas Academy is a two form entry school for children aged four to eleven, serving the children and families of Reading and the surrounding area. We currently have children in Reception to Year 6. We are part of the REAch2 Reading Cluster which also includes Green Park Village Academy, The Palmer Academy and Ranikhet Academy.
At Civitas we are proud to welcome children, families and colleagues of many different nationalities into our school on a daily basis. We work hard to support children who have little understanding of English in developing the skills they need to help them learn, even if they start at a very early stage. We are an inclusive school, working with other schools, providers and professionals in helping children with special needs to overcome their barriers to learning and find success. We also offer support to families, and value the partnerships between children, parents, the school and the wider community in improving the lives of the children in our care.
We are a caring employer who invests in the future of our employees, as only through their excellence can we deliver excellence for the children and families whom we serve. To see more information about the school, please visit our website Civitas Academy
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to [email protected]
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities,
• A competitive salary,
• 29 days’ paid holiday (rising to 32 days after 5 years’ service) (pro rata for part-time or term-time only)
• Reimbursed travel expenses to other school locations
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme LGPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership of ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.