About the Role
Are you an inspirational Class Teacher looking to work with an amazing group of children and colleagues? Are you looking to forge a career within a caring and values-driven family of schools? Do you want to belong to a national professional learning community, with real opportunities for growth, development and career progression? Are you driven to enable all children to succeed in all areas of the curriculum? If so, REAch2 is the Trust and Martlesham Primary Academy is the school for you!
We are seeking to appoint a part-time (2 days a week) Teacher to join our dynamic team from January 2024 on a journey in contributing to the achievement of our vision in ensuring all children reach their full potential. We would like to hear from anyone who feels they can motivate, inspire and challenge our pupils to achieve their very best and want to be a memorable chapter of a child’s learning story.
• Have a flexible approach to working and be adaptable
• Be a hardworking, team player who thrives in working with others
• Display initiative and ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Be creative, enthusiastic and dynamic
• Be reliable with a sense of commitment
• An individual that is passionate and dedicated to the profession, who puts children’s learning at the heart of what they do
• Someone who is willing to contribute to an outstanding education for the community that you serve
In return we can offer:
• excellent CPD within the wider family of schools within the REAch2 Academy Trust;
• a supportive, friendly working environment.
Background Information about the School
Martlesham Primary Academy is a small, successful primary school (Ofsted Good 2018) situated in Black Tiles Lane, Martlesham.
Our school prides itself on relationships and this is what makes our school a special place to be. We offer an engaging curriculum which provides exceptional learning opportunity for all of our pupils. The school has been part of the REAch2 Academy Trust since April 2016. One of the many benefits for working for a multi academy trust is the partnership with other schools across the Trust. The Trust prides itself on its Touchstones which are embedded in everything we do. We are fully committed to providing exceptional learning opportunities for all of our pupils.
Our Vision as a school is to:
• Provide quality learning and teaching through a stimulating curriculum.
• Provide a supportive and caring environment, which promotes respect and consideration for all.
• Encourage and celebrate achievement, with high expectations and develop resilient lifelong learners.
• Ensure equality of opportunity enabling everyone to make the most of their abilities, interests and talents.
• Prepare children for life in modern Britain and the wider world.
As a school we have five ‘learning powers’ which are embedded into our daily school life. These not only enable our children to be successful learners but also ensure our school community is a positive place to be. Our learning powers are Respect, Responsibility, Resilience, Aspiration and Collaboration.
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to Emma Churchman, Headteacher using [email protected]
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country,
• A great ECT experience,
• Membership of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme TPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership of ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.