About the Role
Who are we?
The Robert Fitzroy Academy is a three-form entry primary school in Croydon situated in the heart of the local community. We are an Ofsted rated ‘Good School’ with two previous ‘Good’ inspections since our opening in 2012. Our fundamental belief is they the whole child is the whole point.
It is our goal to create a school where children can achieve academically but also flourish as citizens of the world. We are a school who believe in human flourishing; championing the children’s whole experience at school. We want our enriching and tailored curriculum to impact the children’s mind, body and soul.
What are we looking for?
We wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant –
In particular, successful candidates should have:
• Experience of working with and caring for children
• Experience of working with children with special educational needs.
• High expectations of students in terms of learning, achievement and behaviour
• Enthusiasm and dedication to developing innovative approaches to learning, teaching, mentoring and guidance
• A commitment to promoting and fostering good relationships between children and with parents and colleagues
You should be:
• Forward thinking and willing to adapt to the changing needs of the school
• Able to promote the warm, caring and friendly ethos of the school to pupils, parents and the public
• Able to perform under pressure
• Confident to use your own initiative when required
Please send completed application forms to:
The Robert Fitzroy Academy
80 Brampton Road
Alternatively you can email a signed copy of your completed application to:
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
What can we offer you?
- An active school community with supportive parents;
- An award winning learning environment;
- Excellent professional development opportunities;
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children;
- The chance to work with a supportive family of schools (REAch2 trust) who share the same passion for primary education.
Find out more
Our website http://www.robertfitzroyacademy.com is full of information about our school. We also have a very lively social media culture at the school which we would expect you to contribute to if you join us. You can see all our social media in one place on the Latest News tab on our website.