About the Role
Are you an excellent Teaching Assistant?
If you are, and you really want to make a difference, then this could be the opportunity may be for you!
St Mark’s C of E Primary Academy is part of the REAch2 Multi Academy Trust, we are looking for three enthusiastic and innovative teaching assistants (one classroom based and two for one-to-one student contact). These positions are to start in September 2022.
So, if you are:
• Keen to work in a supportive and principle-based school.
• Driven by a strong moral purpose to enable all children to achieve and have integrity.
• Passionate about creativity and have an excellent sense of humour.
• Warm in character, easy to work with and committed to teamwork, recognising that more can be achieved together than is possible as individuals.
• A professional who values wellbeing but unafraid of hard work.
• Calm and able to handle pressure and setbacks with a smile.
• Keen to be challenged to become the best you can be.
• Able to be pushed at an accelerated rate of development, and reflective and proactive enough to make it happen.
• Determined to succeed.
• Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment.
Then you’d love to work at St. Mark’s and for REAch2. This is not just another job. This is a chance to be part of something exciting and very worthwhile. This opportunity will open doors both professionally and personally to anyone who joins our quest.
We can offer you:
• A Leadership Team dedicated to helping you develop an outstanding career and balanced life.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates across the Trust.
• The chance to work with a fantastic team, with the best possible opportunities to share ideas, planning, assessment etc.
• Opportunity to work alongside excellent teachers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis.
• The chance to develop personal curriculum strengths.
• An excellent CPD training programme.
• A dynamic, creative staff, dedicated to achieving whole-school improvement and building lifelong friendships.
• Appreciative, well-behaved, and enthusiastic pupils.
• Enthusiastic and proactive parents.
Arrange to visit the school to speak to the leadership team, pupils and staff.
The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS disclosure with children’s barred list check; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Virtual or on-site visits to our school are warmly encouraged and can be arranged at your convenience to meet our brilliant children!
Please contact Ms T. Labinjo, Headteacher at St. Mark’s C of E Primary Academy on 020 8654 3570 to arrange a visit.
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to Ms T. Labinjo, Headteacher using [email protected]
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country,
• A competitive salary,
• Membership of the generous Local Government Pension Scheme LGPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership to ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.