About the Role
Water Lane Primary Academy has an exciting opportunity for a Thrive Practitioner (Learning Support Assistant) to join their team, they must be passionate, driven and have a child-centred approach.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of developing positive relationships with children with complex needs. They will be able to demonstrate how and when they have had a significant impact on children’s emotional development.
If you hold the Thrive Practitioner Childhood qualification, we will support you to use those skills to deliver Thrive sessions and set up this approach and sessions in our school. If you do not hold the qualification, we will invest in and support you to successfully complete your in return for a commitment to the children at our school.
- A warm, caring person that children tend to gravitate towards?
- Passionate about creativity, fun and learning through play?
- Fully committed to team work, recognising that more can be achieved together than is possible an individuals?
- Determined to succeed and be relentless in the pursuit of progress for children?
- Willing to hold a flexible role supporting children’s needs?
If so, you’ll love to be part of our team developing Water Lane Primary Academy to be a school which develops children to be engaged learners.
We can offer you:
- A firm commitment to you and your professional development;
- Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and governors;
- A growing learning community;
- Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference;
- Coaching and mentoring from experienced leaders;
- Fantastic trust-wide CPD opportunities;
- Opportunities to further develop your career within our Multi Academy Trust, REAch2, the largest primary-only academy trust in the country;
- The unique opportunity to help develop and shape our school, including an innovative approach to curriculum provision
To arrange an informal discussion please contact Amy Rawlinson, Headteacher, Water Lane Primary Academy via school office on 01279 417410
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to Amy Rawlinson, Headteacher by email using [email protected]
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
- A wide range of professional development opportunities,
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme LGPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership of ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.