About the Role
Do you want to make a difference to children’s lives? Are you prepared for a challenge? Are you committed to learn more and develop your practice to a level of mastery?
Then St Margaret’s could be the place for you. Watch our welcome video to get a taste of what we offer: https://www.st-margarets.suffolk.sch.uk/welcome/
St Margaret’s is a very special place, and we aim to create a wonderous experience for every child no matter their starting point or barriers to learning. Every day, in every way, we harness the grit and determination in our community so as to offer dignity and respect to all.
In doing so we equip our team with the most up-to-date training, based in neuroscience to support both the wellbeing of the children and the adults. We do not allow mediocrity, moving only towards exquisite teaching, impactful relationships and powerful rapport.
We begin our days with pit stops and use these as we need to ensure that all children feel safe and ready to learn. Our values and practice provide a shared language chosen intentionally to serve our generationally underserved community.
With patience and a mindset that is open to being part of an enthusiastic team that are national changemakers in education, you will revolutionise your approach to working with children and unlocking their potential.
Through training and support at St Margaret’s we develop versatility in our teachers’ toolbox of skills and strategies which lead to mastery in our craft. It is with this care that we recognise and create an environment where our team is everything and we understand how much commitment, dedication and devotion our mission entails. We do not allow for complacency or acceptance of a pupil’s barriers. These obstacles are there for US to overturn and ensure that every child achieves. It’s tough, but it’s worth it.
We look forward to giving you the St Margaret’s experience and hope that this stirs both excitement and inquiry within, ready for the next phase of your teaching journey.
So if you are:
• A person with a strong moral purpose to enable achievement for all.
• An individual who is committed to and passionate about nothing less than high quality teaching.
• Ready to learn, as part of a team and be challenged to become the best that you can be in an out of the classroom.
• Able to remain calm and adaptable to the needs of different children.
• Ready to share expertise and drive for school-wide improvement.
• Enthusiastic and have the ability to engage all children in learning both inside and outside the classroom.
• Consistently high expectations of learning and behaviour and the skills to support every child to have these.
We can offer you:
• The chance to be part of a Multi-Academy Trust that genuinely cares about YOU
• The chance to work with a supportive team in a two-form entry school.
• An excellent CPD training programme with REAch2 and beyond.
• A research-led school who works tirelessly to develop pedagogy and practice.
• A tenacious and courageous senior leadership team who care fervently about inclusion and promote creativity and thinking outside of the box
• Fun-loving, energetic and enthusiastic pupils (and staff).
• Proactive parents waiting to join us on our journey to excellence
• The opportunity to make a REAL difference to the lives and life-chances of the pupils at St Margaret’s Primary Academy
We welcome applications from ECTs.
What our team say:
‘A school where you are enthusiastically pushed to reach a higher potential.’
‘A place where your contribution is valued and your efforts make a difference.’
‘We are a unique team.’
‘We look for the gold’
‘We value each child for who they are while preparing them for all they can be.’
‘togetherness, potential growth’
‘We have a clear vision, values and ethos.’
‘Chance to become the best version of you. Support to explore and be curious to develop within yourself.’
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to Robert Wright, Business Manager at [email protected]
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country,
• A great ECT experience,
• Membership of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme TPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership of ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.