About the Role
Required for two days a week (Monday and Tuesday), We are seeking an NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) Early Years Practitioner to work with colleagues in the Nursery/Reception classes and create a stimulating, safe and happy teaching and learning environment. We are looking for an individual who has excellent knowledge of the EYFS framework; can work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all children can play, develop and learn; and can build and maintain strong partnerships with parents to enable children’s needs to be met. If you are enthusiastic, innovative and passionate about working with children, where they are at the forefront of all you do, then we would like to hear from you.
So, if you have:
• The motivation to achieve the very best for the children in our care and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence.
• Excellent inter-personal experience as an effective good and outstanding Early Years Practitioner.
• Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
• Good organisational skills
• Creativity which drives all aspects of care and education
We can offer you:
• excellent support and in-house training with the potential to develop your career through the Academy and Trust
• a wider network within REAch2 Academy Trust, of support, exceptional practice and excellent CPD opportunities, as well as access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
• The chance to work with a fantastic, supportive team with the best possible opportunities to share ideas, planning, assessment etc.
• A dynamic, creative staff, dedicated to achieving whole-school improvement and building lifelong friendships.
• Appreciative, well-behaved, and enthusiastic children.
• Enthusiastic and proactive parents.
• Local Government Pension Scheme
To arrange an informal discussion about this role and/or on-site tour with Miss Libby Thomassen (Deputy Headteacher), please contact our school office. You will be informed of risk protocols for on-site tours, but they include: wearing of a mask, washing and sanitising of hands and maintaining social distance.
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to Mr Dom Prendergast (Headteacher) via [email protected]
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities,
• A competitive salary,
• Membership of the generous Local Government Pension Scheme LGPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership to ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.