About the Role
Are you a passionate and engaging early years practitioner?
If you really want to make a difference, then this opportunity may be for you!
Garden City Academy is currently recruiting to the role of EYFS Practitioner. Duties include:
1. To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children place in the setting.
2. To give support to their staff within the setting.
3. To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
4. To build and maintain strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
Our aim is to ensure that every member of the school community feels included, valued and respected, and that each person is treated fairly and well. We are a caring community school, whose values are built on mutual trust and respect for all. We have high expectations of all our pupils and support each child to realise their full potential and be the best they can be.
Like most REAch2 schools, Garden City Academy serves a socio-economically deprived area. This means that we have to work extra hard to provide the life chances that every child deserves. This is a task that we do not shy away from but embrace it! To aid us, and our staff, in fulfilling this aim, we have robust processes and procedures in place and train and support our teaching staff accordingly. Garden City Academy is truly a school where an individual can make a difference!
An Early Years Practitioner to work with colleagues in the Nursery/Reception classes and create a stimulating, safe and caring teaching and learning environment. We are looking for an individual who is able promote the physical, emotional, intellectual and social development of every child within the Foundation Stage.
So, if you are:
• an excellent practitioner, keen to work in a supportive and principle-based school.
• driven by a strong moral purpose to enable all children to achieve and have integrity.
• passionate about creativity and have an excellent sense of humour.
• warm in character, easy to work with and committed to teamwork, recognising that more can be achieved together than is possible as individuals.
• a professional who values wellbeing but unafraid of hard work.
• calm and able to handle pressure and setbacks with a smile.
• keen to be challenged to become the best you can be.
• able to be pushed at an accelerated rate of development, and reflective and proactive enough to make it happen.
• determined to succeed with a ‘find a way or make one!’ attitude.
• committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment.
Then you’d love to work at Garden City Academy and for REAch2. This is not just another job. This is a chance to be part of something exciting and very worthwhile. This opportunity will open doors both professionally and personally to anyone who joins our quest.
We can offer you:
• A Leadership Team dedicated to helping you develop an outstanding career and balanced life.
• A supportive school that will provide you with the tools that you need to succeed.
• Exciting, leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates across the Trust.
• The chance to work with a fantastic team, with the best possible opportunities to share ideas, planning, assessment etc.
• Opportunity to work alongside outstanding teachers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing pedagogy through reflectivity.
• The chance to use / develop personal curriculum strength
• An excellent CPD training programme.
• A dynamic, creative staff, dedicated to achieving whole-school improvement and building lifelong friendships
• The chance to make a real difference.
To arrange an informal discussion please contact the school office using 01462 621800.
The Application Form can be downloaded from the Documents section of this advert.
Completed applications forms should be sent to Samantha Ruck, Headteacher using [email protected]
Or by post to:
Garden City Academy, Radburn Way, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 2JZ
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 is continuously working towards improving the diversity of the Trust, and the experience for our staff from diverse backgrounds. We are clear that the value of greater diversity to the Trust lies in the way we will value difference when we work together towards richer solutions.
We are keen to hear from all candidates with the appropriate experience who feel they can make a real contribution to the Trust. If you can bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from an ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBTQ+, your application will receive a warm welcome. As will applications from all suitable candidates.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all adults working in or with our schools to share this commitment.
Enclosed in our application pack is a copy of our safer recruitment policy, which outlines the steps we take to ensure that we attract the most suitable, high calibre candidates, and to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
We encourage all potential candidates to read this policy carefully in order to fully understand what is expected of you in our recruitment process. All roles will be assessed for the appropriate level of DBS check, which will include a Children’s Barred List check if the role meets the criteria for regulated activity.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities,
• A competitive salary,
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme LGPS,
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership of ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.